ABOUT APEPDCL AS ON 31.07.2014 :
- The Eastern Power Distribution Company of Andhra Pradesh Limited, with its Head Quarters at Visakhapatnam, comprises five districts namely Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari and West Godavari.
- APEPDCL supplies power to over 52.76 lakh consumers belonging to different categories through the following network
Sub-stations & Lines:
- No. of 33/11 KV Sub-stations : 651
- No. of 33 KV Feeders : 371
- No. of 11 KV Feeders : 2652
- Length of LT Lines in KM : 71969.00
- Length of 11 KV lines in KM : 39604.97
- Length of 33 KV lines in KM : 5564.24
- Distribution transformers : 1,47,096
Category wise Consumers as on 31.07.2014:
- Domestic : 4512726
- Non-Domestic : 429270
- Industrial (LT) : 32398
- Agricultural : 212127
- Other LT : 87054
- HT : 2805
- Total : 52,76,380
% Loss (DISCOM) : 5.21 %
- APEPDCL is certified for ISO 9001:2008 for its Quality Management System and certified for ISO 27001:2005 for its Information Security Management System.
- APEPDCL has set up a Solar Power Plant on pilot basis, first of its kind in India under Decentralized Distribution Generation (DDG) scheme in Paderu ITDA area of Visakhapatnam District.
- EPDCL prides itself for bagging “India Power Awards - 2012” presented on 29.11.2012 for ‘Overall Utility Performance (Distribution) Mixed’.
- Also EPDCL has bagged 6th India Power Awards 2013 for the “Best Overall Performance (Agriculture)”.